10-Hour General Industry Outreach Training Program
The 10-hour General Industry Outreach Training Program is intended to provide entry level general industry workers broad awareness on recognizing and preventing hazards on a general industry site. The training covers a variety of safety and health hazards which a worker may encounter at a general industry site. OSHA recommends this training as an orientation to occupational safety and health. Workers must receive additional training on hazards specific to their job. Training should emphasize hazard identification, avoidance, control and prevention, not OSHA standards. John Costa & Associates will provide this type of training. Instructional time is a minimum of 10 hours.
Breakdown of the tropics is as follows:
Required Course Topics to be taught, ranging from one to two hours each
- Introduction to OSHA – 2 hours
- OSH Act, General Duty Clause, Employer and
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Whistleblower Rights, Recordkeeping Basics
- Inspections, Citations, and Penalties
- OSHA Website and available resources
- OSHA 800 number
- Walking and Working Surfaces, subpart D including fall protection – 1 hour
- Exit Routes, emergency Action Plans, Fire Prevention Plans, and Fire
- Protection, Subparts E & L – 1 hour
- Electrical, Subpart S – 1 hour
- Personal Protective Equipment, Subpart I – 1 hour
- Hazard Communication, Subpart Z – 1 hour
Elective – 2 hours (choose at least two of the following elective topics)
These topics must add up to at least two hours: Minimum One-half hour each
- Hazardous Materials, Subpart H
- Materials Handling, Subpart N
- Machine Guarding, Subpart O
- Introduction to Industrial Hygiene, Subpart Z
- Bloodborne Pathogens, Subpart Z
- Safety and Health Program
A 50 question quiz will be given to determine the knowledge of each employee that attends.
To see when the next training session will be conducted go to www.outreachtrainers.org and click on the course you are interested in, or call our office to set up a training session.
Record keeping is a must when conducting training for your employees. After a course is completed John Costa & Associates will send you the necessary paperwork to add to your records.
English and Spanish classes are available.