30-Hour General Industry Outreach Training Program
The 30-hour General Industry Outreach Training Program is intended to provide a variety of training to people with some safety responsibility. Workers must receive additional training on hazards specific to their job. Training should emphasize hazard identification, avoidance, control and prevention, not OSHA standards. John Costa & Associates will provide this type of training. Instructional time is a minimum of 30 hours.
Breakdown of the tropics is as follows:
Required Course Topics to be taught, ranging from one to two hours each
1. Introduction to OSHA — 2 hours
- OSH Act, General Duty Clause, Employer and
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Whistleblower Rights, Recordkeeping Basics
- Inspections, Citations, and Penalties
- OSHA Website and available resources
- OSHA 800 number
- Walking and Working Surfaces, subpart D including fall protection — 1 hour
- Exit Routes, emergency Action Plans, Fire Prevention Plans, and Fire Protection, Subparts E & L — 2 hours
- Electrical, Subpart S — 2 hours
- Personal Protective Equipment, Subpart I — 1 hour
- Materials Handling, Subpart N – 2 hours
- Hazard Communication, Subpart Z — 1 hour
Elective – 10 hours (choose at least 5 of the following elective topics)
- Hazardous Materials, Subpart H
- Permit-Required Confined Spaces, Subpart J
- Lockout / Tagout, Subpart J
- Machine Guarding, Subpart O
- Welding, Cutting, and Brazing, Subpart Q
- Introduction to Industrial Hygiene, Subpart Z
- Bloodborne Pathogens, Subpart Z
- Fall Protection
- Safety and Health Program
- Powered Industrial Vehicles
Optional — 9 Hours
Any other general industry hazards or policies may be taught.
A 50 question quiz will be given to determine the knowledge of each employee that attends.
To see when the next training session will be conducted go to www.outreachtrainers.org and click on the course you are interested in, or call our office to set up a training session.
Record keeping is a must when conducting training for your employees. After a course is completed John Costa & Associates will send you the necessary paperwork to add to your records.
English and Spanish classes are available.