About John Costa & Associates
John Costa & Associates has over 45 years experience in the safety field. With over 45 years of experience in workplace safety, John Costa & Associates is committed to providing a cost-effective, OSHA-compliant safety program for the employer, and a safe work environment for all employees. Through our professional inspections, employee training, and comprehensive safety manuals, John Costa & Associates will put your company in position to pass an OSHA inspection any time they visit.
John Costa & Associates helps companies manage complicated OSHA regulations through professional inspections, employee training, and comprehensive safety manuals. We provide safety and training classes, conduct inspections for a wide variety of industries, and serving the 50 states, Canada, Mexico, South America, Caribbean, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
With our expert advice, John Costa & Associates will help your company:
- Comply with the hard-to-understand details of OSHA’s thousands of requirements.
- Avoid OSHA fines.
- Create accident-prevention programs and maintain a safe working environment.
- Significantly reduce exposure in a lawsuit resulting from a workplace accident.
John has been self-employed in safety for 45 years, 25 of which are here in North Carolina.
John’s Certification’s and Accreditation:
- Columbia Southern University – BS in Occupational Safety & Health
- Authorized OSHA Instructor in 10 and 30 Hour, General Industry and Construction Training
- Authorized Lead Auditor for Occupational Health and Safety 18001
- Authorized Red Cross First Aid, CPR, and AED training
- Certified in – Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response Refresher Training by the Environmental Resource Center, NC
- Certified in – Twelve Hour Course in Health & Safety, by the Wilmington Regional Safety & Health School of North Carolina
- Certified in – Confined Space & Lockout /Tagout by Carolina’s AGC-The Construction Industry Association
- Certified in – Right-To-Know – Title lll, SARA/OSHA Hazard Communication by North Carolina State University at Raleigh
- Certified in- SARA Training for Chemical Spill Response by North Carolina State University at Raleigh.
- Certified in- Mine & Quarry Safety – by North Carolina Department of Labor at Raleigh.
- Certified in Explosive & Mining Safety – MSHA Part 46 by North Carolina Mine & Quarry Bureau – Raleigh.
- From 1976 to 1986- John was a Volunteer Fire Firemen with the East Brentwood Fire Department, Brentwood, NY
- From 1984 to 1986 John was the Lieutenant in charge of Training for East Brentwood Fire Department
- 1977 to 1985 – John was and Advanced Medical Technician for the County of Suffolk, New York.
- 1983 to 1985 John was and Emergency Medical Technician Instructor for the County of Suffolk, New York
Client references upon request.
Dawn’s info here…