Portable Fire Extinguisher Training OSHA Regulation / Standard 1910.157
John Costa & Associates provide on-site training that complies with the OSHA 1910.157 standard Portable Fire Extinguishers, and meets your specific needs.
Our Portable Fire Extinguisher class is designed around your companies OSHA required Emergency Action Plan and your companies required safety procedures for use of a Portable Fire Extinguisher.
The class consists of a review of the OSHA standard 1910.157 as well as your companies’ Emergency Action Plan.
Include in this review is the following:
- How Fire Start
- How Fires are Classified
- How to Prevent Fires
- When Not to Fight a Fire
- How to Extinguish Small Fires
- How to Identify the Proper Fire Extinguisher to Use
- How to Use a Portable Fire Extinguisher
- How to Inspect Your Fire Extinguishers
- How to Evacuate a Burning Building
- What to Do if Trapped in a Burning Building
- What to Do if Someone Catches on Fire
A 20 question quiz will be given to determine the knowledge of each employee that attends.
Record keeping is a must when conducting training for your employees. After a course is completed John Costa & Associates will send you the necessary paperwork to add to your records.
English and Spanish classes are available.